This online Investor Personality Quiz (the “Contest”) is presented by Brandes Investment Partners L.P. (the “Sponsor”).
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal residents of United States who are between 18 and 22 years of age at the time of entry. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Sponsor or of the Sponsor’s agents, advertising agencies and those service providers involved in the administration of the Contest are not eligible to participate in the Contest (“Contest Entities”).
3. Confirmation. By participating in this Contest, participants: (a) agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; (b) agree to provide, upon request, proof of identification and proof of age; and (c) acknowledge and confirm their eligibility to participate in the Contest and their compliance with these official rules.
4. Entry. To enter, a participant must complete a multiple-choice quiz online and answer the essay prompts as detailed on the Brandes Scholarship submission page and submit an essay. The essay must be delivered to the Sponsor via www.brandesscholarship.com by June 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM PDT.
All entries submitted in accordance with these official rules shall be collectively referred to in these official rules as the “Eligible Entries.” Only one entry per participant will be accepted during the Contest period. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void. All entries and entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission to use the winners’ names, ages, cities, states, likenesses and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
6. Judging Criteria. Entries will be judged on the proper answer, understanding and explanation in regards to the essay prompt(s). Entries not related to the Contest or the Investment Personality Profile or that otherwise fail to the answer essay prompts will not be eligible to win a prize. Entries with spelling and grammatical errors will be disqualified. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection/Notification. A panel of judges consisting of representatives selected by the Sponsor (the “Judges”) will pick 5 potential winners (each a “Potential Winner,” collectively, the “Potential Winners”) by June 15, 2016, from the Eligible Entries, based on the judging criteria set forth in paragraph 6 above. All decisions of the Judges and the Sponsor related to this Contest are final.
8. Winner Verification. Following selection of the Potential Winners, the Sponsor will make a maximum of two attempts within three business days of the date on which the a Potential Winner is selected to reach each such Potential Winner at the number and/or email provided with his/her quiz/essay submission.
If a Potential Winner is unreachable or does not qualify, an alternate Potential Winner may be selected based on the judging criteria set forth in paragraph 6 above from among all remaining Eligible Entries. Winners who are reached and are eligible to participate in the Contest will be confirmed as winners (the “Winners”).
Winners will be, in the sponsor’s sole discretion, required to execute and deliver to the Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these official rules and release of liability in favour of the Sponsor, in the form provided by the Sponsor, within three business days from the date on which the form is sent by the Sponsor to the Potential Winner.
9. Announcement. The Winners will be announced on or before August 15, 2016. The Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or if for any other reason that the Sponsor deems necessary.
10. Prizes. Each Winner will receive $4,000 to be applied to the college or university of his or her choice (the “Prize”). No substitution or transfer of the prizes or any portion of the prizes is permitted. Upon receipt of a prize, Winners are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations. Winners are solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial and local taxes that become due with respect to their respective prizes.
11. Fulfillment of Prizes. Winners will be required to provide the Sponsor with sufficient proof of their enrollment in an accredited college or university to redeem their Prize. The Sponsor is not required to distribute all Prizes or name replacement Winners in the event that a Winner does not claim his or her Prize. Unclaimed Prizes will be forfeited two years following announcement of the Winners, as described in paragraph 8. Forfeited prizes will not be awarded to other participants.
12. Indemnification. Participants indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their respective parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, members, affiliated companies and subsidiaries from any claims, suits, losses, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and disbursements) that arise from any breach of these official rules.
13. General Terms. The Contest Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or software associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Contest. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the website and the prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all eligible entries received up until the time of termination.
All interpretations of these official rules and decisions by the Contest Entities are final. The Contest Entities reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering or has tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Contest; to be acting in violation of these official rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW. THE COURTS IN THE CITY OF SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA, SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE CONTEST AND THE LAWS OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE CONTEST. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
All submissions must be received by June 15, 2016 11:59 PM PDT.
Brandes Investment Partners is a registered trademark of Brandes Investment Partners, L.P., in the United States and Canada.